Business View Magazine - March 2016

108 Business View Magazine - April 2016 Business View Magazine - April 2016 109 New Port Inn “Quality focused care, one resident at a time” New Port Inn is an assisted living community in the town of New Port Richey, Pasco County, Florida. Ac- cording to its Executive Director, Lara Kelley, the prop- erty, which was built in 1986, has always been de- voted to senior housing, but was only acquired by its current management company about eight years ago. New Port Inn offers the following care levels: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, and Respite or Short-Term Care. Kelley breaks down the numbers and explains New Port Inn’s housing strategy. “We have a total of 126 apartments; 28 of those are in our secured memory center,” she says. “There are two dedicated respite care beds - one in independent living and one in the memory care center. The remaining apartments are an independent/assisted mix. There are no segregated, assisted or independent wings, or other set-up of that nature; they’re co-mingled. And the reason for that is if somebody were to move in as an independent resi- dent and then, as they age, and their needs change, they will not have to move again.” There are approximately 60 staff members with a Li- censed Practical Nurse (LPN), onsite, 24/7. Services provided at New Port Inn include: 24-Hour Emergency Call System, Home Health Services Available, Rehab and Physical Therapy Services Onsite, Housekeeping, Transportation to Local Doctors and Shopping, Phar- macy Services, Resident Trust Account and Banking Services, Notary/Fax Services, Visiting Podiatrists and Primary Care Physicians, Daily Activities, Social Events, and Excursions, Exercise Programs, and Three Meals a Day, Restaurant Style. Amenities include: a Game Room, a Beauty Salon/Barber Shop, a Library, a TV Lounge, a Sundries Shop, and a Coffee Bar. New Port Inn’s residents are approximately 80 percent local. In most cases, though, the remaining 20 percent have adult children living in the area, and the competi- tion for residents in this part of Florida’s western Gulf Coast is considerable. “This particular demographic has everything from the small mom and pop facilities to the large, corporate, publicly-traded structures,” says Kelley. “We have positioned ourselves somewhere in the missing niche between those two. So, while we do compete with the larger places - we put in a price point AT A GLANCE WHO: New Port Inn WHAT: An Assisted Living community WHERE: New Port Richey, Florida WEBSITE : Lara Kelley, Executive Director,